Durham and England cricketer Liam Plunkett will appear in court charged with a drink-driving offence.
The 27-year-old fast bowler was arrested in July and is to appear before magistrates on Wednesday, August 15.
Plunkett, originally from Middlesbrough, has played in nine Tests and 29 One Day Internationals.
The 6ft 3in player is recovering from an Achilles injury which prevents him from playing.
At the time of his arrest a Durham Police spokeswoman said: "A 27-year-old man from Durham was arrested on July 28 on suspicion of drink-driving.
"He has been charged with the offence and is due to appear before Peterlee magistrates."
More from News
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career