Geordie Pop star Cheryl Cole surprised her mother by performing at the Diamond Jubilee Concert - because she had kept her booking a secret.
The Call My Name singer sang Need You Now with Take That star Gary Barlow at June's celebratory event outside Buckingham Palace.
Cole, 29, said in a TV interview: "She didn't even know I was on there until afterwards. I didn't tell her, no, I didn't tell anybody so I think she was a bit like 'oh wow'.
"She was watching obviously but I didn't tell her I was going to be on with Gary, it was that much of a secret."
Cole, who was sacked from the US X Factor, said she will be watching the new series of the ITV1 show, which starts this Saturday, "if I'm here".
She hinted that Girls Aloud will mark their 10th anniversary in November on "our birthday".
Cole, who recently tweeted Olympics bronze medal- winner Tom Daley asking him to teach her to swan-dive, said: "I love him, I think he's amazing."
- Fans Queue Overnight To Meet Cheryl Cole
- Cheryl Cole Talks About 'Evil And Very Public' Online Bullying
- Cheryl Cole: I Don't Think About Simon Cowell Any More
- Andrew Hayden-Smith On Dancing With Cheryl Cole
More from News
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallying Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat