Scaly, fork tongued and growing up to nine feet long; monitor lizards aren’t exactly cute and cuddly.
But for lizard loving Steve Foo from Newcastle they’re the perfect pets.
With more than 21 monitors including eight different species, Steve has one of the largest collections in the UK.
And with his ever-growing passion for the animals, there is not a room in the house that is lizard free, including the bedroom.
Steve began keeping the reptiles more than 18 years ago and has converted the loft in his two-bedroom home in Brunswick village, into a vivarium to house the largest lizards which can grow up to nine feet long.
- The Snake Helping To Save The Planet
- Reptiles Steal Limelight At Gateshead Flower Show
- Hairy Legs, Spikes And Fangs At Centre For Life
- Hungry Otters Dine On Steak
- High Jump For Sporty Seals
- Snakes In A Shopping Centre
- Jumping, Kissing, Waving And Fish Cake
More from News
- Newcastle Primary Teachers Win Outstanding School Team Of The Year
- NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week: Royal Wedding Catwalk
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013