A German who tried to smuggle cocaine worth £143,500 through Newcastle Airport has been jailed for eight years.
Malcolm Bragg, of Border Force, said: "Cocaine is an evil drug, which ruins the lives of users and creates misery for the wider community.
"The sentence should serve as a warning to anyone involved in drug smuggling. We will catch you and you will pay a heavy penalty."
More from News
- Go Compare Advert Singing Chihuahua Stolen In Burglary
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Armed Robber Targets Tyneside Post Office
- Coal Mining Elvis Impersonator Among Artist's Work On Post-War Tyneside
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle