Former footballer Robbie Elliott has proved he has an extraordinarily high pain threshold during a full leg wax in Newcastle.
Mr Elliott did not flinch as beauticians removed every hair on his legs in preparation for his upcoming Bike For Bobby challenge.
During the fundraiser Elliot will cycle from Lisbon to Newcastle in four weeks in a gruelling tribute to Sir Bobby Robson.
He will be accompanied by triathlete and Iron Man competitor Phil Gray - who looked in much more pain when it was his turn to be waxed.
During the 3,500-mile cycle ride the pair will travel through Porto, Eindhoven, Ipswich and London.
The money they raise will be donated to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation as well as charity Break Through Breast Cancer.
The leg wax is to help raise further funds for their chosen charities and increase awareness of their upcoming challenge.
Amused Elliott said Sir Bobby Robson would "probably have said I was being stupid and shouted at me.
"I got a text from his family this morning saying good luck with the leg wax, so I know they're aware of what we are doing.
"I don't know how much money this has raised but I hope it's a lot - I hope it has been worth it."
Elliott and Gray are training everyday in preparation for the cycle ride which begins in October 2012.
- Robbie Elliott 'Humbled' By Tour Of Cancer Unit
- Robbie Elliott Gets On His Bike For Sir Bobby
- How Does Robbie Elliott Train For A 3,500 Mile Challenge?
- Cash Boost For Sir Bobby Robson Foundation
- Stars Turn Out To Support Sir Bobby
- Big Ron And MON At Sir Bobby Charity Night
- Sir Bobby Robson Foundation Reaches £4m
- Newcastle honour Sir Bobby
Have you had your legs waxed for charity?
More from News
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'