The late Sir Bobby Robson's cancer charity is to receive thousands of pounds thanks to building society customers.
The former Newcastle United manager's Foundation is set to benefit from two accounts launched by the Newcastle Building Society. Under the scheme, the society gives a donation for every pound invested in its Sir Bobby Robson Foundation ISA and Saver.
If the current level of investment is maintained over the next 12 months, the charity is on target to receive around £50,000 from the society. This will be given in quarterly instalments; the first being £12,000 following a successful first quarter, which was present to Sir Bobby's widow Lady Elsie on behalf of the Foundation.
More from News
- Tyne And Wear Swelters On One Of The Hottest Days Of The Year So Far
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle