A man has died after being lying in a road in Wallsend.
Police were called to St Peter's Road at around 5.26am on Wednesday, August 8, after reports of a man needing assistance.
A 24-year-old was taken to the RVI in Newcastle suffering from serious injuries but later pronounced dead.
An area of the road was sealed off for around two hours while investigations continued.
A police spokesman said no third party invovlement was suspected at this time.
More from News
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV