A police officer has appeared in court accused of running a brothel and dealing in body-building steroids.
Philip Tate, 37, a constable with the Northumbria force, faces one charge of keeping a brothel in Newcastle with co-accused Wirat Tanghai, and is further accused with Oyvend Eggun of supplying Class C controlled steroids.
Tate also faces five allegations of misconduct in public office between October 2010 and March this year.
Appearing at Newcastle Crown Court, Tate, from Fenham; Eggun, 30, of Heaton, and Tanghai, 28, from Crystal Palace, London, spoke only to confirm their names.
No pleas were taken and the three were granted unconditional bail until a further hearing in October.
More from News
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV