As Tyne and Wear was battered by heavy rains on Sunday, an amateur cameraman captured the moment lightning struck over Walker, Newcastle.
Filmmaking student Alan Noble captured the footage from his home.
People from across Tyne and Wear used Twitter to share their photos and videos of the scene in their neighbourhood.
Here is a selection from across the region.
- Flooding And Road Closures As Wild Weather Returns To Tyne And Wear
- Live Blog: Latest Travel News After Floods Hit Tyne And Wear
More from News
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'