Hundreds of people turned out to enjoy the Bridges Festival around the Newcastle and Gateshead quayside.
The festival celebrates the history, heritage and contemporary culture around Tyneside.
Families were able to enjoy seeing model boats, live theatre and street music as part of the two-day festival.
Festival Organiser Carol Bell said: “We have so much to see as part of the festival. There are plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained plus lots to see and do for all the family.”
To find out more on the Bridges Festival visit: http://www.newcastlegateshead.com/bridges-home
- 25 Things To-Do This Summer For You & Your Family
- Vikings Return To North East - But This Time To Say Thanks
- Gateshead Millennium Bridge: Watch It Tilting
- Super Charity Runner Joins Bupa Great North 10K
- Newcastle's New City Marina: The Monte Carlo Of The North?
- Bear Grylls' Giant Leap From Tyne Bridge
More from News
- Tyne And Wear Swelters On One Of The Hottest Days Of The Year So Far
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle