North East singer Jason Isaacs performed for Newcastle United Women’s Football Club at their fundraiser dinner at the Civic Centre.
The event was organised to raise money for kit and transport costs for the team during their 2012-13 FA Women’s Premier League campaign.
Sarah Eadon, who plays for NUWFC said: "People don’t actually know who we are and what we are. We are entirely self-funded, so raising the profile of the women’s game is so important."
Natalie Henderson, who also plays for the club said: "We pay to play. We don’t get help with our kit or equipment so this fundraiser should help in that respect."
Singer Jason Isaacs said: "I played my usual stuff, a bit of swing music and had a bit fun.
"I was going to come on with a football and do keepie-uppies, but decided I wasn’t good enough for that."
The fundraiser also included a fashion show and an auction of items including a signed Newcastle United shirt, a signed football and a golf day at Close House.
- Virgin Money Refuse Funding For NUWFC
- The Miss Newcastle Finalist And The Beautiful Game
- Newcastle United Women Crowned Champions
- NUWFC: We're On Course
More from News
- Newcastle Primary Teachers Win Outstanding School Team Of The Year
- NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week: Royal Wedding Catwalk
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013