Rapper Professor Green has attended the opening of new Newcastle fashion store Capology.
The urban clothing and cap specialist is owned by Olly Henderson and John and Greg Hall, the grandsons of Sir John Hall who pioneered the development of the Metrocentre.
Professor Green said: "This isn't any kind of franchise, it's an independently owned store, and so to see something like this in Newcastle is wicked, it's needed."
The shop has been frequented by other celebrities, including Chipmunk, footballer Sammy Ameobi and the Gabon and Switzerland Olympic teams in its first week of opening.
Video: Professor Green on Newcastle fashion and Geordie Shore
The store was launched after its owners visited America on several occasions and discovered a gap in the market for an independent cap specialist.
Greg Hall said: "This type of concept is extremely popular in America. We believe it will be very well received in the UK as the style of clothing we stock is extremely popular at the moment."
John Hall added: "We're on one of the most prestigious streets in the UK, being Grey Street, and by having the stamp of approval from Professor Green, we kind of show that yes, we are a trendy and cool city."
- On Top Of The World: Skyscraper Heels For North East Ladies
- Organiser Hails Phenomenal Success of Newcastle Fashion Week
- Fashion Week: Jayne Middlemiss Presents Catwalk Show
- Brix Hits Newcastle As Barbour Models Feel The Heat
- Fashion: What's In This Season?
- Dresses By Fifties-Inspired Fashion Label
More from News
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops