England and Durham cricketer Liam Plunkett has been charged with drink-driving.
The 27-year-old fast bowler was arrested on Leazes Road, Durham, in the early hours of Sunday, July 29.
He is due to appear at Peterlee Magistrates’ Court on August 15, 2012, to face the allegations.
A spokesperson for Durham Constabulary said: "A 27-year-old man from Durham was arrested on July 28 on suspicion of drink-driving.
"He has been charged with the offence and is due to appear before Peterlee magistrates on August 15."
Plunkett, who made his Test debut against Pakistan in November 2005, began playing for Durham 1st XI in 2003.
After a promising start to the season, the Middlesbrough-born star is now fighting his way back to fitness after suffering an Achilles injury.
More from News
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops
- Soap Box Racing: Dare You Take On The Simonside Challenge?
- Meet Newcastle's Six-Year-Old Award Winning Musical Prodigy Leia Zhu