A newly established production company based in Newcastle is presenting its first ever show.
Sage Academy Productions in Byker has produced the Madness Musical, Our House, to be performed by a specially selected cast at the People's Theatre, in Heaton, Newcastle.
Directing the show is resident choreographer of Billy Elliot the musical, Lee Proud.
He said: “The cast for Our House are very interesting. We’ve got people who are in their 40s, right down to teenagers, which is great because the show is all about family and community spirit.”
SA Productions is the sister company to Sage Academy of Performing Arts, which opened in 2001, offering full and part-time training to young performers.
Lucy Sage, who founded the academy, said: “We set up SA Productions with the aim of encouraging all performers of all ages and abilities to get involved in theatre.
“For many, it’s a chance to get their foot on the first rung of that ladder so they can get some experience of working with industry professionals and really get a feel for what it’s like to be in a production like this one.”
The show will run on Saturday August 4 at 7:30pm and Sunday August 5 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £12 per adult, £8 concessions and10% discount for groups of more than ten.
To book tickets visit: http://www.peoples-theatre.co.uk/our-house.html
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?