Detectives have charged a man with murder after a fatal stabbing in Gateshead.
Karl Bestford, 35, of Rayleigh Grove, in Bensham, is due to appear before magistrates.
He was arrested after police were called to a home on the street at around 9pm on Saturday night and found the victim, who is believed to be local.
His family are currently being informed of his death.
A spokeswoman for Northumbria Police said: "Police were called to Rayleigh Grove, Bensham, where an incident occurred at about 9pm yesterday evening.
"The man who died at the scene from fatal stab wounds is believed to be local.
"His family are currently being informed.
"Officers would like to reassure members of the public that this was an isolated incident and both men knew each other."
Anyone with information should contact Northumbria Police on 101.
More from News
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Boss Alan Pardew Leads The Premier League Sack Race
- Rihanna's Greatest Hits: Stadium Of Light Star Lashes Out At Clingy Fan
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'