The Tynemouth Classic VW Rally has made a triumphant return following the huge success of the inaugural event.
More than 4,000 visitors attended the first-ever rally in July 2011, and thousands returned to view the classic motors at the 2012 event.
A total of 135 Volkswagen vehicles rolled up for the rally, held in the Priors Haven and Spanish Battery carparks overlooking the seafront.
Awards were given out across a number of categories including best mobile kitchen and most glamorous campervan or bug.If you can't see our live blog, click here
Prior to the rally, organiser Jill Snailham said: "We are delighted to be able to host the event again this year as it proved so popular for exhibitors and visitors alike.
"We have received interest from all over the UK and, despite doubling the size of the event, with both haven car parks being used, we are fully booked and have a waiting list of people keen to exhibit their vehicles.
"Word has certainly spread fast throughout the classic VW community what a fantastic location Tynemouth is."
More from News
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- 'Actor' Love Rat Conned Sunderland Woman Out Of Her Life Savings
- Skydiving: 'Always Terrifying' According To Newcastle Academics
- Report Slams Social Workers Who Missed Danger Signs For Baby Killed While Mum Was At Shops
- Would All Red Strips Turn Sunderland And Newcastle United Into Winners?
- Pensioner Injured By Giant Letter
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out