She’s the girl they’re calling Newcastle’s answer to Amy Winehouse and with ambition as big as her soulful voice, it’s easy to see why.
Beth Macari, 19, of Low Fell, Gateshead, has been singing from an early age and dreams of making it as a top recording artist.
With a summer packed with gigs, including the Stanley Music Festival, where she’ll perform both original and covers songs, the teenager is hoping to promote her music throughout the North East and beyond.
It was Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Tim Healy who compared her to the Back to Black singer.
Beth said: “It’s fantastic to be compared to such established and brilliant female singers.
“I love what I do. The dream would be to make it as a successful recording artist.
“I’m fully committed to my career as a singer, so hopefully I'll keep climbing that ladder and get there.”
To find out more about Beth Macari, visit: http://www.bethmacarimusic.co.uk/
More from News
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallying Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder