A town crier has been spreading the word that a Sunderland lottery winner has yet to claim their £1million prize.
The unclaimed ticket from the EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle draw on 20 April 2012 is worth a whopping £1 million and the lucky ticket-holder has until 17 October 2012 to claim their prize.
The winning EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle selection, found at the bottom of the ticket, is VLF874510.
The ticket, drawn nearly two weeks after Easter bank holiday weekend, was bought in The National Lottery’s fifth luckiest postcode area in the UK, which has seen more than 37 jackpot winners and over 143 residents banking a prize of £50K or more.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: "We’re hoping that the Hear Ye of our town crier will get the message across to the people of Sunderland that there is a staggering million pound prize still to be claimed."
Becoming a millionaire could buy you a season ticket at the Stadium of Light, a shopping trip to New York, a vintage Bentley, or even 100 million penny sweets!
The next EuroMillions UK Millionaire Raffle draw will take place tomorrow, on the night of the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games (Friday 27 July 2012) and guarantees to make 100 UK millionaires in one night – looking to smash the record for the most millionaires created in a single draw.
Not only that, but the EuroMillions jackpot on Friday 27 July is estimated to be a staggering £105! It could be a truly spectacular night for UK EuroMillions players.
More from News
- Go Compare Advert Singing Chihuahua Stolen In Burglary
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Armed Robber Targets Tyneside Post Office
- Coal Mining Elvis Impersonator Among Artist's Work On Post-War Tyneside
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle