Police in North Tyneside are hunting what detectives believe may be a serial flasher.
In the last five days officers have had five reports of a man exposing himself near the Silverlink roundabout and in Wallsend.
Officers believe that the same man could be responsible for all five incidents. He is described as being aged between 27 and 30 years old, of slim build and with short dark hair.
Enquiries to identify the man are ongoing and officers have stepped up patrols in the areas.
Wallsend Neighbourhood Inspector Kevin Benson said: "The offender has not approached any of the victims during the incidents but it is concerning that there is someone who thinks this behaviour is acceptable.
"In most of the incidents he has been in bushes and I'd appeal to anyone who sees anyone acting suspiciously in areas like this to get in touch with us so we can investigate.
"We're carrying out a number of enquiries including checking CCTV from the areas where the offences happened and speaking with witnesses. We've had extra officers in the areas to reassure residents and to try and track this man down."
Anyone with any information into the incidents is asked to contact police in North Tyneside on 101 ext 69191.
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside