A man in his fifties has been killed after a crash this morning in South Shields.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash between a Citreon car and a Suzuki motorbike occurred this morning.
At 6.47am on July 25 police were called to an incident on Newcastle Road, South Shields, close to the Henderson Road junction.
The rider of the motorbike, a man in his fifties, was taken to South Tyneside General Hospital with serious injuries where he was later pronounced dead.
Newcastle Road was re-opened at shortly after 10am.
If anyone has any information relating to this incident, they are asked to contact police on 101.
More from News
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside
- Newcastle Chinatown Waiters High Kicked Troublemakers 'Like Bruce Lee Extras'