A man has been charged with a series of racially aggravated offences following an attack that left the victim needing hospital treatment.
Police were called to Westholme Gardens in Benwell, Newcastle shortly before 4.18pm on Tuesday July 17.
A 45-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment. His condition is not life threatening.
Paul Dees, 21, of Westholme Gardens has been charged with wounding with intent to commit GBH, possessing an offensive weapon, racially aggravated criminal damage and racially aggravated harassment.
He is due before magistrates in Newcastle on Thursday July 19.
More from News
- In The Pink: Online Fashion Boutique Makes £1m In First Year
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Burglar Jailed For Three Years After Targeting Homes In Westerhope
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again