A series of workshops are taking place in Sunderland as a hunt for undiscovered singing talent gets underway.
Sunderland charity Music in the Minster is hosting lessons to develop vocal skills and discover potential stars for an upcoming production of Whistle Down The Wind.
The group are encouraging people of all ages and abilities to take part - even those who think they cannot sing.
Mezzo Soprano Alison Barton is leading the search for stars, and believes anyone can learn to sing in just 45 minutes.
She said: "Many people are told they can't sing when they are young, but through lessons they discover they can.
"We all have the same instrument, the key is how you use it."
Ms Barton is hoping to encourage more men to take part in the courses, and ultimately the charity's musical production which will be staged in November 2012.
She said: "It is a shame that men sing at the football and in the shower, but they are shy when it comes to singing on stage.
"Whistle Down The Wind is a great production for males and we want as many as possible to get involved."
The Music In The Minster workshops are taking place from 10am until 4pm on July 21 and July 22, 2012.
To sign up visit www.facebook.com/MusicintheMinster or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sing-a-Long Bus Ride: The Blaydon Races Challenge
- Little Voices In Big Sing Performance
- Lulu James: "I Didn't Even Know I Could Sing"
- South Shields X Factor Winner No 3?
- Futureheads' Barry Hyde Judges Charity Sing-Off
- Sunderland's New Anthem?
- Acoustic Session: Brand New Music
- Young Soprano Gets Vocal: Ruth Jenkins On Song
Could you learn to sing in 45 minutes?
More from News
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft