Baking fanatics have created a giant map of Great Britain made entirely of cake.
Cakebook Britain – The People’s Picnic saw teams of amateur bakers descend on Gateshead International Stadium to create a 100 sq metre edible version of the British Isles.
It features landmarks including Buckingham Palace, The Olympic Stadium, Holyrood Palace and Kielder Reservoir as well as Tyne and Wear attractions Baltic, The Toffee Factory and Bede's World.
First prize went to a cake model of Shakespeare's Globe, second to Bridge House at Ambleside and third to Glastonbury festival.
The sell-out event marks the launch of EAT!, the food festival run by NewcastleGateshead Initiative.
In addition to the edible map, Cakebook Britain will also featured picnic and street-food stalls, a food adventure playground and a Fat Loss Feast.
Cakebook Britain follows last year’s event at National Trust property Gibside, which saw attracted more than 3,500 visitors.
For more information on the Eat! festival click here
Jenny shot her video on her smartphone and sent it to us. Do you have any images or videos to add to our gallery? If so go to the bottom of our home page and click 'Submit Photos And Videos'
More from News
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops
- Soap Box Racing: Dare You Take On The Simonside Challenge?
- Meet Newcastle's Six-Year-Old Award Winning Musical Prodigy Leia Zhu
- Violent Disorder By Newcastle United Fans In City Centre After Derby Defeat
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President