Between 8.30pm and 9.10pm on Friday July 13 the men called at the home of a 68-year-old woman in Windy Nook and showed what appeared to be a search warrant.
They were at the house for around 45 minutes and searched every room before removing a sum of cash in a carrier bag claiming they were taking it to Market Street Police Station in Newcastle.
The woman was given no paperwork or receipts.
Officers from Northumbria Police have made door to door enquiries in the area.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
More from News
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside
- Newcastle Chinatown Waiters High Kicked Troublemakers 'Like Bruce Lee Extras'