Newcastle is being labelled as the ‘Monte Carlo of the North’ after a new City Marina opened on the Quayside.
The docks have been created by development agency NE1 Ltd in an attempt to tap into the region’s £40m marine industry.
City leaders are also hoping it will attract more visitors to the city centre.
Sky Tyne and Wear was invited on a boat as it sailed along the River Tyne, making its way to the new marina.
- Boost For Economy As 'Love Boat' Sails In
- Clean Tyne Project: Volunteers Find Horse Skulls And Bags Of Silver
- Awesome Ocean: The Royal Navy’s Largest Warship
- All Aboard The Sir Bobby Robson
More from News
- Vintage Vehicles Tear Up The Dales In The 43rd Annual Beamish Run
- British Army Redundancies: North East Ex-Servicemen Speak Out
- Newcastle Fan Who Punched Police Horse Claims 'Self Defence'
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre