Lady Elsie Robson and Robbie Elliott helped unveil a football corridor at the Northern Centre For Cancer Care at the Freeman Hospital.
The photography exhibition lines the corridor leading to the Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trials Research Centre.
The images depict passionate North East football moments.
There are pictures of Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Carlisle and even Dunston UTS and Whitley Bay football clubs.
There is also a special exhibition dedicated to Sir Bobby Robson.
Lady Elsie said: “Bob received excellent care at the Freeman and he was so proud when the new centre was opened in his honour.
“Like so many people I have experienced that draining feeling of repeated hospital visits and the worry that goes along with them.
“Anything which gives patients and their families something to interest them as they walk through the hospital has to be a good thing.
“The football corridor is a wonderful idea and looks great.”
NCCC arts adviser Germaine Stranger said: “I’m thrilled to see the football corridor come to fruition alongside the research centre.
“Sir Bobby was proud to receive his treatment here and contributed so much to help other people with the Foundation.
“The corridor is in tribute to him and designed to visually express the region’s passion for football.”
- Joe's 21st Birthday Present To Teen Cancer Charity
- Wor Jackie's 'First FA Cup Song' Sold At Auction
- Sir Bobby Robson Five-A-Side: 1,000 Players Remember One Man
- Statue Of Sir Bobby Robson Unveiled
What is your best North East football memory?
More from News
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise