Geordie singer Cheryl Cole’s great grandmother has died at the age of 90.
Nora Tweedy passed away from pneumonia after suffering a stroke in the early hours of July 9.
Like Cheryl, Mrs Tweedy, from Wallsend, Newcastle was a keen performer and kept close tabs on the pop star’s career.
The mum-of-five, who was the grandmother of the former X Factor judge’s dad Gary, also spent her younger days singing and dancing in pubs across Tyneside.
Her husband William passed away 1977 and, her eldest son Brian, Cheryl’s grandfather, died the following year.
Mrs Tweedy’s youngest son John paid tribute to his mum and said she must have passed her flair for music down to Cheryl, 28.
The 51-year-old, Cheryl’s great uncle, who lives with his wife Janet in Wallsend, said: "She loved to sing and dance. She used to perform upstairs in pubs in Wallsend and she would sing in the Duke of York pub.
"In many ways, she was an older version of Cheryl. I think music must run in the family. My mother’s other love was Guinness. She drank Guinness virtually every day since I was born, right through until a few months before she died."
Mrs Tweedy is survived by sons George, David and John, 15 grandchildren, 28 great grandchildren, seven great, great grandchildren and one great, great, great grandchild.
Arrangements for the funeral have not yet been finalised.
- Cheryl Cole Talks About 'Evil And Very Public' Online Bullying
- The Fans Lucky Enough To Meet Cheryl
- Fans Queue Overnight To Meet Cheryl Cole
- Has Newcastle Got The X Factor?
More from News
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallying Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead