CCTV video footage has been released of six men wanted in connection with a vicious assault where a man was left unconscious on the pavement.
It happened around 2.30am on Sunday July 1 behind the Victoria 22 bar, formerly Casa, on Newcastle Quayside.
He remains in hospital in a critical condition with a serious head injury.
Officers believe the 20-year-old had been in the Riverside bar before the attack and are appealing for anyone who was in the bar on the evening of Saturday June 30 to come forward.
Detectives are especially keen to speak to a group of men who left the Riverside bar just before the attack took place and who may have vital information about the assault.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Young said: "There is a 20-year-old man in hospital with life threatening injuries and we need to find whoever is responsible for attacking him. These men could be vital in helping us with our enquiries.
"If that is you in the footage then get in touch with police as soon as possible. We have a number of other lines of enquiry ongoing and we need to speak to these men urgently."
More from News
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet