Detectives have been granted more time to question a North East man on suspicion of murdering his parents in Manchester.
Nic Seddon, 45, from Seaham, County Durham, continues to be held by police after the bodies of Bob Seddon, 68, and his wife Patricia, 65, were were discovered at their three-bedroom semi-detached home in Clough Avenue, Sale on Friday July 6.
Bob Seddon, 68, and his wife Patricia, 65, were discovered at their three-bedroom semi-detached home in Clough Avenue, Sale on Friday July 6.
Officers from Durham Police made the arrest on Saturday, July 7, at Benevente Street on behalf of Greater Manchester Police.
A post-mortem examination confirmed the couple died of gunshot wounds.
GMP Superintendent Wayne Miller said: "Understandably, these deaths have caused shock and upset amongst the local community.
"However, I can reassure them that we do not believe this was a random incident or there is any threat to residents.
"Although an arrest has been made, we are still in the early stages of the investigation and are trying to establish what happened in the lead up to the deaths.”
The retired couple had been married 46 years.
More from News
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Northern Chords Festival Brings Best Of The World's Classical Talent To Gateshead
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning