A house on Armstrong Road in Newcastle has been struck by lightning causing a solar panel on the roof to set alight.
Fire crews were called out around 6.30pm on Thursday June 28 following torrential downpours across the North East.
Residents on Armstrong Road watched the blaze as smoke billowed from the roof of the house.
Nobody was hurt during the incident, and the fire was extinguished by around 9pm.
- Super Storm Flood Collapses Park Wall And Buries Road In Rubble
- Video Of Flood Chaos As Freak Thunder Storms Hit Tyne And Wear
- Tyne And Wear Flood Live Blog: Your Pictures Videos And Advice
More from News
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Burglar Jailed For Three Years After Targeting Homes In Westerhope
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle