Flood waters unleashed by the Newcastle super storm have collapsed a park wall and buried a road in rubble.
The six foot wall surrounding Heaton Park collapsed as flood water poured over it and covered Ouseburn Road in earth and stone.
Drivers who attempted to reach Heaton Park Road from the level of the Ouseburn found their way blocked completely.
Angelreadman tweeted: "Avoid Ouseburn Road - bottom wall of Heaton Park collapsed, 2ft of water & bricks & stones all over the road."
Lib Dem councillor representing the Ouseburn Ward Gareth Kane tweeted: "Ouseburn Road is completely impassible. Much of schoolhouse allotment site is under feet of water."
More from News
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Gateshead
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- investment embargoed till monday
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet
- In The Pink: Online Fashion Boutique Makes £1m In First Year
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013