MTV UK has announced that Geordie Shore has acheived its highest ever ratings for a series premier.
The first episode of the third series aired on Tuesday, June 26 with over 470,000 adults tuning in.
Stars such as Cheryl Cole, Jessie J and Rochelle Wiseman from The Saturdays have spoken publically about enjoying the show.
But it has been criticsed by local MPs for giving the region a bad name.
Regularly featuring scenes of housemates fighting, drinking and stripping off, the show's producers have denied it damages the reputation of the North East.
Its third series sees the housemates jet off to Cancun, Mexico, to party during spring break.
When filming there earlier this year, cast members Vicky Pattinson and Ricci Guarnaccio became engaged, with the cameras catching the proposal.
- Geordie Shore Stars Get Engaged
- Geordie Shore Auditions: Sky Tyne And Wear Reporter Among Hopefuls
- Why I Hate Geordie Shore By Rufus Hound
- Geordie Shore's Vicky Loses Engagement Ring
- Geordie Shore Star Hit With Drink Drive Ban
- Geordie Shore Launches Kebab-Scented Perfume
Will you be tuning into the third series of Geordie Shore?
More from News
- Newcastle Primary Teachers Win Outstanding School Team Of The Year
- NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week: Royal Wedding Catwalk
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Tyne Tees Models Strut Their Stuff At Intu Eldon Square Fashion Show
- students mind
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Northumbria University Graduation Ball Illness Thought To Be Norovirus
- Pictures: Meet The Finalists Hoping To Be Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013