Sunderland College has reached an agreement with unions on a savings package of £2.2m following Government funding cuts.
The number of compulsory redundancies has been reduced from 36 to 13.5 and 2.5 of these are teaching posts.
Around 100 of the College's 700 staff will take a pay cut from 2014, the maximum being £3,702. Holidays and pensions are unaffected.
College Principal Angela O'Donoghue said: "We believe that by working together we have been able to come up with a final agreement that is sustainable and secures our long term future.
"At the same time we acknowledge the fact that our teaching and support staff have been able to respond positively at what is without doubt an incredibly difficult time for education funding.
"However with this level of support from our staff we know that we will be able to continue to offer an excellent educational experience for our students."
Dave Geddis, Branch Secretary of Unison said: "Unison is gratified that long and difficult negotiations have resulted in all colleagues coming to an agreement that satisfies the criteria placed upon the College by the present financial climate in public sector funding."
Barry Campbell, Branch Chair of the University & College Union said: "After a great deal of hard work from all parties we have achieved an outcome that will secure the future of Sunderland College and the excellent educational service provided to our students."
- College Course To Find A Job In Six Weeks
- Hopping Mad: A Mile On A Space Hopper For Sport Relief
- 23-Mile Thankyou For Saving Baby Tilly's Life
- Gold For Sunderland Athlete
More from News
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise