Visitors attending the Hoppings in Newcastle are being warned to wear wellies.
The fair is in full swing despite being postponed for two days due to wet weather causing muddy conditions.
Hoppings workers have been laying straw around stalls and rides to soak up the mud and make walking around easier.
The food stalls around the edge of the site are particularly clear.
But the main walkways between rows of stalls and rides are still extremely muddy, making using pushchairs and walking in anything other than wellies difficult.
David Wilson, Vice Chairman of the Freemen of Newcastle said: "Despite the extra investment we have made in drainage for the Town Moor this year, the weather managed to defeat us for a short while, but after a fantastic effort from all on the site we are back.”
The fair at Newcastle’s Town Moor runs until Saturday, June 30.
- Dodgy Generators And 3p To Get In
- The Hoppings Has Beaten The Rain And Is Open
- Hoppings Fair Might Run For Longer Due To Delayed Start
- Bad Weather Delays Start Of Hoppings: Annual Town Moor Fair Off For Now
Will you be braving the mud to go to the Hoppings?
More from News
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Northern Chords Festival Brings Best Of The World's Classical Talent To Gateshead
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning