A woman from Gateshead spotted an eagle with an 8ft wingspan while walking her dog.
Lindsey Hutchinson, who saw the Steller's Sea Eagle on Friday June 22 in Marley Hill, Gateshead, quickly called the police to alert them to the escaped bird of prey.
Gary Moore from Baywings Falconry in Walker, Newcastle, was called to rescue the bird, which is estimated to be worth around £18,000.
The owner of the Eagle has now been traced and the pair will soon be reunited.
- Video Nasty: Dive Bombing Rogue Seagull
- Charity Uses Chickens To Help Dementia Sufferers
- Birdwatching: 'We're Cooler Than Trainspotters'
- Saving A Species One Duckling's Step At A Time
- Tyne Bridge Kittiwakes Staying Put
More from News
- In The Pink: Online Fashion Boutique Makes £1m In First Year
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Burglar Jailed For Three Years After Targeting Homes In Westerhope
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again