England supporters going to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Stadium of Light will be unable to watch the England v Italy game, after the club announced it would "not be appropriate" to televise the match at the stadium.
Some fans had hoped that they would be able to watch the game before the legendary US rock band took to the stage. Some reports suggested television screens in the stadium concourse would be showing the match, which kicks off at 7.45pm.
But the club has announced this is not the case, meaning fans who want to keep up-to-date with events in Kiev will have to do so on personal radios or smartphones.
A club statement said: "The crowd dynamics for a concert are very different to that of a football match.
"Due to safety concerns regarding crowd flow and potential congestion the club has been informed it is unable to screen the England game in the concourses.
"Also, out of respect to the performers themselves the promoter has advised us it would not be appropriate, which we fully understand."
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?