Italian restaurateur and adopted Geordie Mario De Giorgi thinks England can win Euro 2012.
Speaking as the Three Lions prepare for their quarter-final clash with Italy, he gave his views on the game, Mario Ballotelli, Joe Hart, Gianlugi Buffon, Germany - and the Greece goalkeeper.
The owner of Pasqualinos Italian restaurant in Newcastle was chatting with fellow restaurateur Walter Pani, boss of Pani's Cafe Bar Restaurant on High Bridge Street.
He said he thought England man Joe Hart had taken over from Gianlugi Buffon to become the best goalkeeper in the world.
The match will be watched by around 20 million people on television and 6,000 dedicated fans in Kiev tonight.
Many will be arriving in the Ukrainian capital today to cheer on Roy Hodgson's side at the 64,000-seater Olympic Stadium.
The match is likely to draw the highest peak TV audience of the year.
England's victory over Ukraine was watched by 18.6 million - beating the Jubilee celebrations - but more are expected to be glued to television screens at home and in pubs and bars across the nation tonight.
There have been no arrests of England fans in Ukraine, and the head of the British police contingent at the tournament has praised their behaviour.
- England Superfan: I Had To Move House To Support The Three Lions
- Laurent Blanc: Yohan Cabaye Is My Key Man
- Robbie Savage Ups The Ante
- Stuck In The Middle With You: Divided Loyalties For Football Fan With Italian Dad And English Mum
- Sky Reporter Tracks Down North Tyneside Wheelie Bin - In Kiev
More from News
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- investment embargoed till monday