The oldest tenant at this year’s Hoppings Fair has been recognised with a collection of photographs honouring his profession as a travelling showman.
79-year-old Gilbert Chadwick has been working in the trade for 53 years.
A private pub, which is for showmen of The Hoppings, has pictures on display of Mr. Chadwick as well as the rides he helped to build.
He said: “It is very thrilling to think that people will go to the trouble of putting my pictures up in a place like this.
“I have no intention of retiring because we don’t retire. If I die, I would like to die in a pay box taking money.”
“Things have improved since the old days. The equipment is much nicer, we have proper generators and proper light and everything is as it should be.”
To find out more information on The Hoppings visit: http://www.hoppingsfunfairs.com
- News Review: Comedian Seymour Mace
- Hoppings Fair Might Run For Longer Due To Delayed Start
- Bad Weather Delays Start Of Hoppings: Annual Town Moor Fair Off For Now
More from News
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- investment embargoed till monday
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet
- In The Pink: Online Fashion Boutique Makes £1m In First Year
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success