Heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson is to open his debut Broadway show in Gateshead.
The former champ will be in Gateshead to perform his new one-man show ‘Mike Tyson the Undisputed Trust’, which will open on Broadway in America next month.
The 46-year-old has teamed up with director Spike Lee to create ‘Mike Tyson the Undisputed Trust’.
The show will take viewers through the highs and lows of his life.
Tyson said: "I’m very vulnerable and I’m just telling you who I am and where I’m from and how this happened."
His show will take place on October 9 at Dunston Federation’s Lancastrian Suit.
Organiser Steve Wraith said: "His last two shows here have been packed to the rafters and I think the fact that this is a new style of show will see the full signs go up quite early on this one too.
"Mike will only be doing a small tour in the UK and we are lucky enough to have got him for his first show.”
Tyson has visited Tyneside twice before and was last in the region in 2010.
On his last visit Tyson hosted a talk-in, revealing secrets about his fighting past.
During the visit he challenged Trevor Cox, lead singer of band The Longsands, from Cramlington, to a game of conkers. Watch the video here.
Trevor, who lost the original contest, is now hoping for a re-match.
He said: "I’ve been soaking my new conker in vinegar since 2010. I’m looking forward to beating him and then filling him in with our progress."
Tickets are £100 VIP, which includes meet and greet and photo. Others £30. Call 0191 2299631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Lad Challenges Mike Tyson To A Game Of Conkers
- Title Fights At The Stadium Of Light
- Jake LaMotta: De Niro Did Me Proud
- Bantamweight Boxer Aims For British Belt
More from News
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles