Two teenagers have been arrested after a man and a woman suffered facial injuries during an attack in Killingworth.
It happened just after 10:30pm on Saturday June 16 at an address in The Paddock.
A 38-year-old man needed stitches to his face and a 43-year-old woman was treated for minor facial injuries.
Two youths aged 17 and 18 have been arrested on suspicion of GBH and police enquiries are ongoing.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed a disturbance in the area around that time.
They can be contacted on 101 ext 69191 or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More from News
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle