It's been an incredible weekend in Tyne and Wear with tens of thousands of spectators braving the weather to celebrate the Olympic Torch relay.
More than 40,000 people turned out to see the flame travel through Newcastle, according to the city council.
In North Tyneside, the estimated figure was 25,000.
In Gateshead 1,500 stood in pouring rain to watch the torch abseiling down the Sage music centre and another 10,000 lined the streets of Low Fell and Chowdene as local gymnasts carried the torch through the streets.
Many thousands more brandished their brollies to cheer sporting legends and local heroes as they took their turn to carry the flame through South Tyneside and Sunderland.
Sky Tyne and Wear was there to bring you all the video highlights. For a recap of the torch route through North Tyneside and Newcastle including a map showing the torchbearers click here
To look back at the relay route through South Tyneside, Gateshead and Sunderland click here
- Olympic Torch Relay Live Blog
- Daughter Mia's Blindfold Tribute To PC David Rathband
- Torch Relay Spin-Off: Hula Hoop World Record Attempt
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside