Thousands of Wearsiders joined a hula hoop world record attempt as part of the Olympic torch relay celebrations.
They gathered in Herrington Country Park in Sunderland hoping to beat the current record of 2,492 people hula hooping continuously for two minutes.
Sadly, organisers said they were about 200 short.
@SunderlandUK tweeted: "Enough people started but weather meant that several people couldn't manage the full 2 mins.
"It was a fantastic effort by everyone who gave it a go!"
More from News
- Go Compare Advert Singing Chihuahua Stolen In Burglary
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Armed Robber Targets Tyneside Post Office
- Coal Mining Elvis Impersonator Among Artist's Work On Post-War Tyneside
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle