A man is due before magistrates in Newcastle after 4kg of cocaine was found in a taxi.
Police stopped a Skoda Superb cab in Westmorland Road in the West End of Newcastle on Thursday June 14 at 4:30pm.
They searched the car and found cocaine with an estimated street value of £1m.
Paul William Higginson, 29, from Severus Road in Newcastle was charged with possession of a controlled drug.
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside