Paul Brennan has run, walked, biked and swam all over the country in aid of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Paul started fundraising three years ago after his nephew was diagnosed with the condition.
His first fundraising run was the Edinburgh marathon and since then he has gone further each time in his efforts.
He has run the coast to coast in five days, the equivalent of five marathons in five days, and is planning even tougher challenges in future.
He plans to buy the torch and use it for further fundraising.
Paul is one of 8,000 people across the UK who have been chosen to carry the flame.
WHere have you seen the Olympic torch so far?
More from News
- T&C Win Evolution Tickets: Why I Love Evolution
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Family Appeal For Teenager To Get In Touch
- Missing Student Jason Fyles: Growing Concern As Bank Account Untouched
- State Of Nature: Report Warns Of Threat To North East Wildlife
- Boy Aged 10 Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In South Shields
- Ann Summers Party Ends In Violence
- Police Appeal For Information On Missing Newcastle University Student Jason Fyles
- Sports Direct Sign On Newcastle's St James' Park Roof Painted Over