The Met Office has issued a yellow alert severe weather warning for the North East.
Forecasters warned to expect heavy showers and thunderstorms.
A Met Office spokesman said: "The public should be aware that these will lead to a lot of surface water on some roads and localised flooding may occur."
The alert was issued for Durham, Northumberland, Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees & Gateshead.
A yellow alert is the least most serious Met office severe weather alert, and is followed by amber and then red alerts.
- Spring Tide Rescues As Coastline Put On Flood Alert
- Brix Hits Newcastle As Barbour Models Feel The Heat
- Beach Woman Rescued On Hottest Day Of The Year So Far
More from News
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops
- Soap Box Racing: Dare You Take On The Simonside Challenge?
- Meet Newcastle's Six-Year-Old Award Winning Musical Prodigy Leia Zhu
- Violent Disorder By Newcastle United Fans In City Centre After Derby Defeat
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President