Tyneside rockers The Longsands helped celebrate the Blaydon Races 150th anniversary by singing the song for charity - following in the footsteps of Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Jimmy Nail.
The Cramlington five piece raised £1,235 for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation with their version of the terrace anthem.
It follows an earlier vesion recorded by Jimmy Nail, Kevin Whately and Tim Healy for the DVD 'A Knight To Remember', in memory of Sir Bobby.
Longsands lead singer Trevor Cox presented a cheque to football legend Alan Shearer, a patron of the cancer fighting charity.
Cox, 28, said: "As a group we wanted to do something to help the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and this seemed like a very appropriate way to do it.
"Everyone knows someone affected by cancer and it’s important to keep funding research which will help make the disease a thing of the past.
"We’re proud to be involved and grateful to all our fans who helped by buying the Blaydon Races single."
Sir Bobby and Lady Elsie launched the charity in 2008 and it has gone on to raise over £4 million to help find more effective treatments for cancer.
The foundation funds projects within the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that directly benefit cancer patients from across the north east and Cumbria, and which contribute significantly to research into the disease.
To make a donation, view messages of support, or for more information please visit www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk or donate by sending a cheque to Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, Room 203, Cheviot Court, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN.
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside