A supersize pork pie has been created by a Newcastle chef to celebrate the upcoming launch of food festival EAT!
Daniel Duggan from Blackfriars restaurant baked a belly pork and bacon pie encrusted with the EAT! logo.
The 21 year old used honey, nutmeg, mustard and worcester sauce to flavour the pie, as well as a special 'secret ingredient'.
The creation is in honour of the upcoming food festival which celebrates local produce and producers in the North East.
Events taking place in the 2012 festival include cocktail lessons in a secret bar which festival goers have to find using clues.
There will also be drink-along movies, a giant edible map of Britain made of cake, and a chilli and beer festival.
The event takes place from Friday July 13 to July 29, 2012.
- Mini Masterchefs Sizzle At Food Festival
- Tynemouth Food Festival, Local Food At Its Best
- Homemade Humous And Chargrilled Chorizo: Tapas Night In Tynemouth
- Carnival Spirit To Revive Retail
What EAT festival events will you be going to?
More from News
- Would All Red Strips Turn Sunderland And Newcastle United Into Winners?
- Pensioner Injured By Giant Letter
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Northumbria University Students Struck Down With Suspected Food Poisoning After Graduation Ball
- Puffin Census: Watch The Farne Islands Head Count In Progress
- £3m Cancer Support Centre Opens At Freeman Hospital In Newcastle
- Dentist Offers £3,000 Reward After £100,000 Double Arson In Gateshead
- Handgun Possession Charge For Man Arrested In City Drugs Raids