Byker Grove fans will remember him as heartthrob Ben from the children's show, but Andrew Hayden-Smith is relishing his current role as a reporter for Channel 5's 'Live With Gabby.'
His job has taken him from exploring ancient dungeons to the red carpet.
He said: "I really enjoy the live aspect of presenting, but also, just getting to do some crazy, random things - it's brilliant."
After leaving Byker Grove in 2002, Andrew joined CBBC as a presenter for three years.
During that time he met many celebrities including Danii Minogue and Britney Spears.
Video: Andrew Hayden-Smith on starring in Dr. Who
"She came into CBBC and she recognised me from Byker Grove," he said.
"Then I saw her at a party a couple of weeks later and we had a bit of a dance."
In 2006, Andrew made a return to acting, playing freedom fighter Jake Simmonds in series 2 of Doctor Who.
Its a role that's proved lucrative for the star, as he still makes personal appearances at Dr. Who fan conventions, sometimes even travelling to America to promote the show.
Andrew's next project is the short film Fall-Out, which has been described as a post-apocalyptic romantic comedy.
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?