Hot weather has set Tyne and Wear sizzling. And the sunshine should continue for a few days yet.
A Met office forecaster said the good weather would continue into the weekend.
He said: "There will be some cloud but temperatures will be well above the average for this time of year. Things will get a little bit fresher at the weekend but we are looking at wall to wall sunshine."
Tweeters saw the sun come out from behind the clouds.
Tynemouth Long Sands
Anna Harding tweeted "Warning - there's a huge ball of fire in the sky!"
Poppy Rivers said: "Mornin' :-) Beautiful day.. Enjoy the sunshine :-) x"#CostaDelWhitleyBay"
Chris @N3W1E joked: "The Sun came out today, I came out in 1996. I win."
The Geordie Lass said: "Who do I need to speak to to get a desk outside?! #sunshine"
And The Free Trade Inn said simply: "SUN!!!"
More from News
- Man Arrested After Rooftop Protest In Sunderland
- Northern Chords Festival Brings World's Best Classical Talent To Sage Gateshead
- Wallsend Man Attacked By Gang With Hammer And Baseball Bat
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence
- Unsolved Crimes In South Tyneside: Police Release CCTV