A youth football club boss has revealed what Gazza and Andy Carroll were like before they were famous.
Redheugh Football Club manager Terry Ritson coached both of the former Newcastle United stars when they started their careers at the Gateshead boys club.
Ritson remebers when Paul Gascoigne began playing for Redheugh in 1982.
He said: "Gazza had a smile on his face and he just loved to play football.
"He wasn't a big boy, he was small, but it was his ability on the ball that shone through."
Remembering Andy Carroll he said: "He was flamboyant really. He was excited to play football."
"He's an ex-Redheugh boys club player so I love him."
- Tina's Got Talent: Lads Glam Up For Boys Club Funds
- Gazza On St James' Name Change
- Gazza: Teetotal For 17 Months And Happy With My Life
- Statue Of Sir Bobby Robson Unveiled
Did you see a great player before they were famous?
More from News
- Woman Missing From Durham Mental Health Hospital: Possible Sighting In Newcastle
- The Extreme Job Hunter: Video Stunts Set Dad's Online CV Apart
- Young Couple Killed In A1 Motorbike Crash: Families Pay Tribute
- investment embargoed till monday
- Fears For Missing Student After 'Friends Turned Their Back' Tweet
- In The Pink: Online Fashion Boutique Makes £1m In First Year
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success